Monday 26 September 2011

On to Athens

Monday September 26, 2011

So our flight left Amsterdam about 20 minutes late. Not too bad. We actually boarded just after I posted the last blog. This plane was not as roomy or fancy as the Trans-Atlantic one but still OK. The service was still good. They brought us an omelet on a sesame bun for lunch along with a drink and then a piece of cake. Later another drink and then just before we arrived in Athens, a treat. By then I had been sawing logs for while. A nice nap, but I found it hard to wake up and I wanted to see Athens as we approached. I have to say that this flight was more scenic, if you can say that when you are not in a window seat. But the mountains as we flew across Europe were fantastic! First gigantic rugged mountains, far below the clouds which were far below us, completely covered in snow and ice. And then gigantic rugged mountains with no snow and then smaller mountains with little villages nestled in the valleys and then no mountains as we crossed onto the Mediterranean sea. And then, well I do not know what then, as I went to sleep. Then the descent into Athens and right on time. Mom was so excited she could hardly sit. Everything went smoothly. We found where the luggage was to come, then it came. Yippee!!! Then entered the main concourse and saw the guide with the Insight sign. A bus trip of almost 45 minutes from the airport into our hotel. Mom jumping up and down and pointing continually. We are definitely in a different part of the world. It is great. We checked into our hotel room. Nice! Then went for dinner and a walk. A wonderful day

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love that I can check in on your every move and adventure. It's almost like I am there too.

    ReplyDelete